Something different for those unexpected callers, a malt loaf with a tangy banana flavor.
- Grease and line 3 x 1 lb. loaf tins
- Pre-heat oven to 325F, Gas Mark 3, 160C
- Put the milk, butter, raisins, sugar, Ovaltine, treacle and malt extract into a large saucepan
- Heat slowly until the butter has melted then allow to cool
- Add the bananas, sifted flour and salt, then divide the mixture between the 3 tins
- Bake in the center of the oven for one and a quarter hours
- Cool in the tins for 5 minutes before turning on to a wire rack to finish cooling