The traditional Easter fare for the family get-together. Choose succulent roast lamb with the first new potatoes for a truly enjoyable feast.
- Place lamb in roasting dish and lightly prick surface fat all over with fork
- Rub fat over with salt
- Roast joint for 25 minutes per lb (450g) plus 25mins at 325F, Gas Mark 3, 170C
- Transfer to hot platter, cover with foil and stand for 10-15mins
- Make gravy by tilting roasting tin, strain off excess fat, then stir flour into remaining fruit juices
- Brown lightly over medium heat, stirring often, then after cooling blend in stock or vegetable water
- Stir over gentle heat till smooth; bring to boil then season the gravy with salt and pepper