A succulent variation on an old favorite that’s both easy and economical.
- Preheat oven to 375F, Gas Mark 5, 190C
- Blend together the seasoning, garlic granules and softened butter
- Carefully lift the skin on the chicken breast with a sharp knife and spread half the butter mixture underneath
- Prick the thighs and breast flesh with a fork and rub in a little of the butter mixture and place the remaining mixture inside the bird
- Place the chicken in a roasting tin and cover the breast with bacon rashers
- Cover with foil and cook for one and a half to two hours, or until tender, basting frequently
- 15 minutes before the end of cooking time remove the foil and brown the bacon