A hot banana pudding with a super brandy and cream sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the cream and brandy in a pudding basin
- Cover and tightly seal with a double thickness of greased proof paper and tie securely
- Place in a saucepan that is half full of boiling water
- Steam for 2 hours, replenishing the water in the saucepan as necessary
- When the pudding is cooked, remove the paper, loosen the edges with a knife and turn on to a pudding dish
- Whisk together the cream and brandy and pour over the hot banana pudding