This one time Shrove Tuesday treat has by now become a household favorite with many different sweet and savory toppings.
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add the well beaten eggs and mix in sufficient milk to form a nice runny paste.
- Pour the mixture into a jug and leave to stand for 1-2 hours.
- Heat a well greased frying pan then pour in the mixture, spreading it evenly around the pan.
- When the bottom of the pancake has had enough time to turn a golden brown, turn or toss the pancake in the traditional way and cook the other side.
- Lift the pancake on to a plate and spread with butter.
- Coat the pancake with a little caster sugar, roll into oblong shapes and serve immediately with lemon wedges.