Famous Anglo-Indian fish and rice dish from the days of the Raj.
- Poach the haddock in enough water to cover it
- Drain and reserve the fluid
- Flake the fish removing the bones and the skin
- ‘Dry-fry’ the onion until soft, add the rice and cayenne pepper then stir for a few more seconds
- Mix in the cooking liquid from the fish and simmer untiol the rice is tender (about 30 minutes) aadding more water if nescessary
- Stir frequently until the rice is cooked then gently add the flaked haddock
- Turn onto a heated dish and serve garnished with the chopped parsley