Elegant variation on an old favorite, great for an informal supper party.
- Cut off any excess fat from the lamb steaks and season on both sides with salt and pepper
- Place on a baking sheet then place alternate layers of onions ,carrots and potatoes on top of each steak
- Brush the top of the potato with oil, season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with dried rosemary
- Bake in a pre-heated oven, 350F, Gas Mark 4, 180C for 25-30 minutes
- Lift the lamb on to absorbent kitchen paper to drain then transfer to a warm plate
- Serve with fresh garden peas or green vegetables that are available