Lemony variation of the traditional Easter bun with a tangy mamrmalade glaze.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F, Gas Mark 6, 204C
- Sieve the flour, spices, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl
- Rub in the butter and stir in the yeast and lemon rind
- Beat in the eggs and milk until and knead to form a soft dough
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
- Knead again until smooth then divide into eight pieces
- Shape into rolls, cut a cross on the tops and place on a baking sheet
- Cover and leave until the rolls have doubled in size
- Brush with egg wash then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes by when they should be a golden brown in colour
- Warm the marmalade and brush over the tops of the rolls
- Serve while still warm