A saucy dish of prawns in white wine brandy and cream, tell your guests to leave the car at home and come by taxi!
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan
- Stir in the prawns, then stir in the curry powder and fry gently for 2 minutes, stirring all the time
- Stir in the flour and cook for one more minute
- Add the brandy, white wine and tomato puree to the pan then simmer for 2 minutes
- Reduce the heat to low and quickly stir in the double cream
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with nutmeg
- Serve piping hot with plain boiled rice