Honey basted Welsh Lamb, cooked with cider and herbs is the perfect main course for Easter Sunday lunch. Serve with the first early garden potatoes and fresh mint sauce
- Line an ovenproof dish with foil
- Prepare the joint by rubbing with salt, pepper and ginger
- Place joint in the dish and sprinkle half the rosemary over it
- Cover the top of the meat with honey and pour cider around it
- Begin cooking at 430F, Mark 7 allowing 25 minutes per pound and 20 minutes extra
- Reduce cooking temperature to 400F, Mark 6 after 30 minutes.
- Baste during cooking adding more cider if necessary