Equally delicious either hot or cold this tasty treat is perfect for late suppers on balmy summer evenings.
- Preheat oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6
- Bone the lamb and cut the meat into small pieces
- Finely slice carrots into rounds and place al layer on a greased ovenproof dish
- Cover carrots with a layer of meat then parsley and salt and pepper
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used
- Cover with water up to 2 inches from top of dish
- Cover with the prepared pastry and brush with milk
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce temperature to 180c, 350F, gas mark 4 for 1hr. 40 mins.
- Boil the bones, onion and salt and pepper in sufficient water for on and a half hours
- Pour this gravy into the cooked pie
- Serve either hot or cold