Summer afternoons would never be this same without freshly baked scones filled with strawberry jam and cream.
- Pre-heat oven to 470F, Gas mark 9, 240C
- Sieve together the flour, salt and baking powder
- Rub in the margarine
- Add the milk and knead into a soft dough
- On a lightly floured board roll out the dough to a thickness of half an inch (12 mm)
- Using a 2 inch (5 cm) cutter cut into scones
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray and cook in the center of the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes