Hookery Cookery Home >
- Ham and Cheese Puffs - Savory cubes of cheese and ham in a tasty batter
- Tomato and Orange Soup - This soup is a great conversation opener on your party night.
- Gazpacho chilled soup - A wonderfully light and refreshing chilled soup to start of that special occasion.
- Lentil soup - This soup is a meal in itself served with a fresh wholemeal roll
- Grapefruit Cups - Choose this starter and you can treat yourself to a little extra with your main meal.
- Breakfast Muffins - Enjoy this good nourishing breakfast or tasty supper recipe
- Mini Pizzas - Wholesome mini pizzas that won't break the calorie bank.
- Prawn and Melon Cocktail - You won't have to fish for compliments when you serve your guests this simple to prepare melon and prawn starter.
- Tomato and Mushroom Omlette - You'll whip up this treat in next to no time
- Chickenburgers - Keep the whole family happy with these tasty burgers.
- Chicken Curry - This spicy supper proves that cooking for one can be fun.
- Chicken Stir-Fry - Enjoy the magical taste of this delicious Oriental stir-fry.
- Crunchy cod and mushroom bake - Once in the oven, this super supper dish will look after itself while you entertain uyour guests
- Shepherd's Pie - No nonsense food that's both simple to prepare and satisfying to eat.
- Beef Casserole - Serve with a baked potato for a satisfying supper
- Cauliflower Cheese - Try this tasty, low calorie version of an old favorite.
- Caribbean Pork and Pineapple - A mildly Oriental flavor to succulent tenderloin pork
- Souffle herb omlette - Whip up this nourishing, light snack in no time or serve with a jacket potaoto for a main meal.
- Creamy mushroom pasta - A little coleslaw and side-salad will enhance this satisfying pasta dish.
- Lamb chop hot pot - Elegant variation on an old favorite, great for an informal supper party.
- Sweet and sour pork - Have a no-fuss Oriental meal without the hassle of leaving your home
- Kedgeree - Famous Anglo-Indian fish and rice dish from the days of the Raj.
- Sardine and Gouda muffins - Tasty sardine savory snack.
- Spaghetti Bolognese - Italian classic that you can enjoy equally as well for lunch as for dinner
- Smoked salmon and pasta supreme - Succulent smoked salmon in a rich and creamy sauce makes this a meal for that very special occasion.
- White Sauce (Béchamel Sauce) - A basic white sauce that can be easily adapted with the inclusion of parsley, cheese, mushrooms or onions.
- Cinnamon Apple Crunch - Easy to cook spicy apple dessert.
- Sultanas in a baked apple - Handy pudding if you're already using the oven
- Fresh Fruit Salad - Much more of a sweet than fruit on it's own, delicious when served with a low fat yogurt.
- Chocolate Brownies - You'll have to exercise some will power here, these brownies are very 'more-ish'
- Banana Split - A simply scrumptious cold sweet.
- Blackberry Fool - If you are lucky enough to have blackberries in your neighborhood then this is the sweet you simply have to make.
- Seafood Risotto - Tasty shellfish risotto, ideal for that impromptu meal with friends
- Lamb Kebabs - Super kebab supper for one, ideal for that quiet night at home
- Carrot Soup - A healthy version of the classic French Potage Crecy.
- Cowboy Casserole - Delicious casserole variation on sausages and baked beans
Recipes by Alwyn Jones © 2000 and web pages designed by R. Barry Jones © 2000